Physician Associate Supervision support programme for GP's
Sunday, May 3, 2020
PA Supervision Support Programme For GPs
A programme of nationwide support for GP practices and Supervisors of newly qualified and new to GP Physician Associates
This new programme is aimed at any resource limited practices or health centres.
We can help you to:
• Cut through the noise around the new role of Physician Associates (PAs) in General Practice
• Offer clarity around the PA role
• Make the recruitment and first year preceptorship easy and manageable for busy GPs
Supporting your first year with a Physician Associate
We will guide and support you throughout your first year with a PA, helping you to:
• Manage expectations
• Resolve problems quickly as they arise
• Make sure your Physician Associate is working at full scope of practice
• Make sure your PA is seeing patients confidently, effectively, safely and
• Realise the future benefits that PAs can offer to your practice
• Understand how services to patients can develop
• Develop the PA role to benefit you in the long term.
Stages of support in this programme
The support you will receive takes you through the following essential stages in a meaningful and structured way:
• Planning out the PA role within the team
• Making sure all documents, policies, procedures, compliance, staff and patient awareness and governance is in place
• Recruiting and onboarding
• Health Education England preceptorship support for first quarter
• Health Education England preceptorship support for second quarter
• Health Education England preceptorship support for third quarter
• End of year review and forward plan
How is the programme delivered?
The programme is delivered through an online hub for GP Supervisors. You will be in a cohort with 30-40 others who are at the same point in their PA journey.
Your programme will be delivered by a team of PA experienced GPs, GP experienced PAs, a primary care lawyer, service design specialists and healthcare recruitment and workforce specialists.
Your hub will include:
• All your training modules
• All the documents you need
• Daily live support for immediate issue resolution
• Q & As with mentors, peers and specialists
• Live webinars
• Links to PA specific CPD and training
• Additional resources and signposting to local, regional and national PA networks
What are the costs?
There are no costs to GP practices. The support programme is funded by Health Education England. There are no ongoing commitments or tie ins.
In addition to the support programme, we can offer optional benefits to your practice, your PCN, your federation and wider health community that can be bolted onto the programme or delivered separately.
PATH is a UK-based company specialising in the recruitment of Physician Associates working in primary, secondary care, community, mental health and private sector. We offer training and consultancy to support GPs on their PA journeys. We have been operating for more than ten years.
For more details contact email@example.com or call 029 2051 2517