- Support the delivery of high-quality primary care for our patients
- Facilitate, strengthen and develop general practice in our locality
- Support the long-term sustainability and financial viability of local, independent general practice
- Create a strong voice for local general practice
For our staff we want to:
- Maintain a supportive, fulfilling and rewarding working environment for all
- Encourage personal development through regular and effective appraisal and educational events
- Listen to all team members and value comments, suggestions and contributions
- Project a positive and professional image of ourselves both within and outside of HBD
About the role:
As an experienced Physician Associate, you will be responsible for the provision of a clinical service, working as part of the practice multidisciplinary team, delivering care within their scope of practice to patients. You will be required to work autonomously in the practice, providing a range of services such as assessment, diagnosis, treatment, telephone triage, clinical decision-making and referring patients appropriately, as well as supporting the management team in the reviewing of clinical policy and procedure when required.
You will deliver a high standard of patient care with in depth theoretical knowledge and evidence-based practice working under the supervision of a GP and to manage a clinical caseload and deal with presenting patient’s needs in a primary care setting. Patient care will delivered face to face, by telephone and remote services as well as participation in the home visiting, duty and triage rotas.
You will also be involved in, and supporting GP in the supervision and education of newly qualified Physician Associates joining the team. You will provide peer support to the NQ Physician Associate's and help guide their learning.
You will have a minimum of 1 year post qualifying experience in general practice. (A role for newly qualified Physician Associate's is also available - see separate advert). You will motivated by delivering high quality patient care and see team work as a part of your DNA. You will be interested in education and supervision of newly qualified Physician Associates joining the team. You may be interested in developing a sub-speciality interest within general practice which the practice group will support and encourage. You will be keen to develop your professional network to encourage best practice and increase awareness of new developments connected to Physician Associates.
You will have a minimum of 1 year post qualifying experience
You will a UK qualified Physician Associate and be on the PAMVR
You will have a UK Right to Work